EXP® is a complete, stand-alone scientific word processor for Microsoft® Windows®. EXP provides all the features that are standard on most
business-oriented word processors in addition to a full range of features that enable you to enter mathematical expressions quickly and easily. EXP displays a
What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) view of your text while you are editing it.
EXP lets you mix mathematical expressions freely with text and graphics. Although EXP emphasizes writing mathematics, there is nothing about EXP that limits it to mathematics.
EXP is designed to handle the word-processing needs of any of the sciences. For example, EXP includes superscripting and subscripting commands for handling the special requirements
of typesetting chemical and atomic formulas such as
EXP Features and Benefits
EXP provides a complete, integrated work environment for writing, editing, and printing scientific documents. With EXP, you can:
- Mix mathematics freely with text and graphics without switching in and out of an equation editor.
- Convert EXP documents to LaTeX for submission to journals and to work with other LaTeX users.
- Typeset chemical formulas and reactions.
- Use more than 700 special symbols in your documents.
- Enter any symbol quickly by typing its name rather than by searching through miles of symbol palettes.
- See all text, mathematics, graphics, and formatting displayed on the screen as they will print.
- Create keyboard macros on-the-fly and name macros with multi-key sequences.
- Use "text libraries" to reduce repetitive typing and to insert frequently used text and mathematics.
- Use the table editor to create complex tables quickly and easily.
- Use automatic numbering to number items in your document.
- Use the Find and Replace commands on math and formatting as well as on text.
- Use styles to format documents quickly and in a consistent manner.
- Use document templates to customize the content and formatting of new documents.
- Open and print documents directly from the Windows desktop without having to start EXP first.
- And much more!
If you need to include mathematics or other scientific notation in your documents, EXP is the tool of choice.
Download a demo version of EXP 6.0
To learn more about EXP, please click on the following links:
About EXP 6.0
Comparing EXP and Microsoft Word