EXP 5.0.2 Update
(This update is no longer available. Please use EXP 6.1 instead.)
Released January 28, 2001
The EXP 5.0.2 Update is an update to EXP 5.0 that is available free of charge to owners of EXP 5.0. The requirements
for installing this update are as follows:
- EXP 5.0 must already be installed on the computer.
- The EXP 5.0.2 Update Setup will verify ownership of an EXP 5.0 CD-ROM.
The EXP 5.0.2 Update replaces the following files in an EXP 5.0 installation:
- <InstallFolder>\Read Me.wxp
- <InstallFolder>\Fonts (All Files)
Important: Files saved with EXP 5.0.2 cannot be opened with earlier versions of EXP. If your organization is using
the EXP Viewer, you will also need to download the latest version of the EXP Viewer that is
compatible with EXP 5.0.2.
Note: If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows may display a security warning when you run the downloaded
file. It is safe to click the Run button to proceed.
Changes from EXP 5.0 to EXP 5.0.2
Operating System Feature Support
- On Windows 98/Me/2000/XP, EXP now supports resizable Open and Save As dialog boxes.
- On Windows 2000/XP, EXP now supports the enhanced Open and Save As dialog boxes with the "Places" bar.
- EXP now supports the mouse wheel.
- EXP now supports 65 new types of paper. EXP supports virtually all the paper types supported by Windows 2000/XP.
- EXP now updates the display in real-time as the thumb box on the vertical and horizontal scroll bars is moved.
- EXP now allows you to right-click in a document to obtain a popup context menu.
- The maximum line length has been increased from 4,096 bytes to 16,384 bytes. This means that it is now possible
to create much larger tables, matrices, and multiline equations.
- The layout and positioning of the controls in some dialog boxes has been improved.
- The maximum length of a bookmark name has been increased from 19 characters to 51 characters.
- The maximum number of bookmarks in a document has been increased from 1,024 to 16,384.
- EXP 5.0.2 includes updated EXP fonts that are compatible with Adobe Acrobat. Previously, these updated fonts were
available as a separate download.
- EXP 5.0.2 supports the euro symbol. The EXP name for the euro symbol is "euro". If you are using Windows 95 or Windows
NT 4.0 and your system has not been updated for euro support, the euro symbol will not display correctly.
- EXP now supports the "BitFields" subformat of the Windows Bitmap graphics format (BMP). Windows NT/2000/XP use this
subformat on 16-bit and 32-bit displays when copying the screen to the clipboard in response to the Print Screen key
- The maximum allowable resolution of a bitmap graphic has been increased from 832 DPI to 4,096 DPI.
- Versions of EXP prior to 5.0.2 contain a bug in the LaTeX converter's handling of the \psfig and \includegraphics
macros. This bug is fixed in EXP 5.0.2.
- In EXP 5.0, there is a bug related to color handling when importing some 24-bit bitmap graphics files. This bug
is fixed in EXP 5.0.2.
- Versions of EXP prior to 5.0.2 contain a bug in the handling of paragraph borders in certain situations. This bug
is fixed in EXP 5.0.2.
- EXP 5.0 is affected by a bug in Windows NT/2000 that causes EXP's Insert Movie command to crash EXP. EXP 5.0.2 contains
a workaround for this bug.